Greener Journals is a scholarly open-access publisher based in Lagos, Nigeria. The firm publishes twenty open access journals, mostly in the sciences.
The publisher’s website boasts bright colors but uses unidiomatic English filled with grammatical errors. For example, according to its website, the firm’s mission is, “We Provides [sic] the international community free access to research information void of financial, legal or technical constraint.”
Greener Journals uses the gold (author pays) model to support the publication and preservation of its scholarly publications. Authors, upon acceptance of their articles, pay a $300 “handling fee” to help the publisher “handle” the articles.
The publisher doesn’t seem to understand the difference between a publisher and a journal: “Greener Journals (GJ) is an open access journal [sic] that provides rapid publication (monthly) of articles in all areas of the subject [sic].”
A link on the publisher’s main page leads to another page that describes open access publishing. Much of the text on that page is lifted from other websites.
The publisher’s name, Greener Journals, is clearly an attempt to attract authors who respect the green movement. Moreover the graphics on the main page include a stylized drawing of a cow on a green pasture under a blue sky.
Few of the journals have any content, and those that do have only a very few articles. This publisher began operations in 2011. Below is a list of Greener Journals’ journal portfolio.
I cannot understand why any serious researcher would pay to have their scholarly articles published by this ridiculous publisher.
- Greener Journal of Agricultural Sciences
- Greener Journal of Medical Sciences
- Greener Journal of Business and Management Studies
- Greener Journal of Physical Sciences
- Greener Journal of Social Sciences
- Greener Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research
- Greener Journal of Art and Humanities
- Greener Journal of Biological Sciences
- Greener Journal of Petroleum and Gas Exploration
- Journal of Geology and Meteorology Studies
- Journal of World Peace, Security and Development
- Greener Journal of Computer Sciences
- Greener Journal of Educational Research
- Greener Journal of Law and Legislature
- Greener Journal of Oceanography
- Journal of Internet, Information and Communication Systems
- Greener Journal of Sport Sciences
- Greener Journal od [sic] Epidemiology and Public Health
- Greener Journal of Environmental Management and Public Safety
- Greener Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology