A M Publishers is one of the more entertaining bogus publishers I’ve seen in a while. It’s entertaining in a negative way, mostly for its grammatical and typographical errors.
This publisher claims to be based in Canada, but I doubt that’s true. They just want to exploit the country’s good name. A M Publishers does not reveal its physical location, and a domain name search leads to a dead-end, listing only the web hosting service the publisher uses.
I use the “boomtown” metaphor because of the ever-increasing number of new open-access scholarly publishers using the gold OA model. After a Chronicle of Higher Education article highlighting some of my work appeared recently, I have been fortunate to receive many helpful tips from people all around the world, tips leading me to new predatory publishers such as this one.
Consequently, I have added numerous newly-discovered and emerging publishers to my list. The barrier to entry in the predatory scholarly publishing industry is low. It’s so low, in fact, that new publisher can appear after only a few hours of work setting up a site.
A M Publishers lists 16 journals in its portfolio; I append the titles below. Each title begins with the phrase “Canadian Journal on … ” but this phrase is omitted on the titles from the main list.
One of the more salient things about the A M Publishers website is the abundance of blunders. The picture above shows a poorly-selected journal title and email address.
This publisher’s content is open access, but I cannot find any information about its policies, such as how much it charges authors to publish. The website is bare.
Hat tip: Suzanne Kettley
Appendix: A M Publishers’ Journal Portfolio
Note: The typos are theirs.
- Artificail Intelligence, Machin Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Automation Control and Intelligent Systems
- Biomedical Engineering & Technology
- Chemical Engineering and Technology
- Computing in Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
- Data, Information and Knowledge Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Environmental, Construction and Civil Engineering
- Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Mechanical Sciences and Engineering
- Multimedia and Wireless Networks
- Network and Information Security
- Science and Engineering Mathematics
- Scientific and Industrial Research
- Signal Processing