25 Responses to Red Alert: Polish Scholarly Journal is Hijacked

1. M Imran says:

The only difference is .org instead of ,waw.pl in the url address. When typed the name in Google, although , the first URL position is of actual journal rest is a false history.
    In these situations how one can be so cautious and the paper may be avoided to submit. My question still remains same as what will happen to the papers published in false journals although work legitimize and what about those papers which are getting citations although work may be false indeed in good journals…

2. P Canning says:

From Review Process URL “each paper will be sent for three expert reviewers to decide if the paper could be included in the journal within 7 working days. ”
    is a give away…review process in 7 days?
    May be Jeffrey can comment..

3. P Canning says:

domain created on 2014-04-13

4. Ewa NS says:

Hello

I’m French and Polish, then I’m especially shocked… After Whois search here : http://www.namebay.com/ I’ve found that website was registerd in Panama :

Domain Name:IBLES.ORG
    Domain ID: D171923426-LROR
    Creation Date: 2014-04-13T04:33:58Z
    Updated Date: 2014-04-13T05:04:49Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2015-04-13T04:33:58Z
    Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
    Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
    Registrant Fax: +51.17057182
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email:legal@whoisguard.com

Hope that helps, bests

Ewa NS

5. AlexH says:

Its whoisguard protected. However the scammers breached whoisguard’s TOS, according to which they may disclose the protected information “If the Protected Domain(s) is (are) alleged to violate or infringe a third party’s trademark, trade name, copyright interests or other legal rights of third parties;”

Its worth a try to discuss this issue with them: support@whoisguard.com ,

6. For what it’s worth, I removed the false content from the Wikipedia article.

7. ICC says:

Wow. Another “success” of the open access movement.

I noticed today another type of hijack, where the name of a well known journal, in this case International Journal of Engineering Science (“IJES” colloquially, http://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-journal-of-engineering-science/, started in 1963 and currently publishing) has had its name transmogrified into the open-access The International Journal of Engineering and Science (“THE IJES”, http://www.theijes.com/current-issue.html)…

8. hojat says:

thank you.this journal also has sent an email to me, to send my article,now i found it’s fraud.I’m from iran

9. Shafi'i says:

I received many emails from this fake journal too. But I immediately know what happen after some background checks. Thanks for bringing the issue here.

10. matrus says:

I didn’t know that someone wants to pretend a Polish journal :) But thanks to this post no one would be cheeted.

11. Tahir says:

What about the articles published in this fake journal ?? Will these be credited to the authors ??
    Sylwan Poland has taken any action to avoid further loss to the researchers ??

12. Fiaz says:

Dear, can u please let me know the original sylwan journal page?

13. amma says:

What can do if paper published in these type of fake journals after giving money and all??? Is there any solution to get back that paid amount ??

• It is extremely difficult or impossible to get the money back.

• ahmet says:

Ok, I know the get the money back is very difficult but what about my published paper in this hijacked journal Sylwan? It was a very valuable paper for me. Can I send it to an another journal for publication? If I send it to an another journal, is it legal?

• It depends. Did you transfer your copyright to Sylwan? If yes, then the situation may be very difficult.
        I would recommend being completely open and honest with the new journal that you send your paper to. You must prevent being accused of duplicate publication.
        I am sorry this has happened to you.

14. aykut says:

I learn just now that it is a fake site. İ am very sad about that. my paper published there. it is valuable article. İ didn’t give copyright form and signature so can i send it another journal. is it legal or duplicate publication?

• If you send it to another journal, you need to be very careful to avoid being accused of duplicate publication. In your communication with the new journal, be open, honest, and transparent about the paper’s history. I am sorry for your bad luck. This same situation has happened to many people.

15. aykut says:

How can i remove that article from that site? (sylwan)

16. Nikola says:

Dear,
    I received a request from the journal to pay money and that they will be sent to me the formal acceptance letter. If I send a request to withdraw paper, do I have the right to send another publisher.

best regards
    Nikola

• It is not a question of rights. If you’ve sent the same manuscript to two journals without getting a clear release from the first one, then you need to protect yourself against accusations of double submission. Because the predatory publishers do not operate honestly, it is often difficult to get a proper release from them, another reason to avoid them in the first place. If you re-submit the paper elsewhere, first, do not submit it to another predatory journal. Second, be open, honest, and transparent about the history of the manuscript.

17. Nikola says:

I have not sent it the final version nor I paid a fee for publication, although they require from me. Whether in this case can be considered to work with them.