This publisher describes itself like this:
Joseph Publishing Group is an international peer-reviewed science and medicine journals.
It goes downhill from there.
Joseph Publishing Group is a brand-new publisher. It has 17 biomedical sciences journals in its portfolio. Joseph claims that it’s based in the U.S. state of Georgia, but its butchering of its own address indicates otherwise:
In the above address, “Somers by” should be “Somersby,” and “Alpha Retta” should be “Alpharetta.” Also, in the U.S. — unlike in some other English-speaking countries — we do not place a comma between the street number and the street. It’s obvious that this is a case of a publisher misrepresenting (lying about) its true headquarters location.
The domain-name registration data does not specify a location, but I found this:
Domain Name: JOSEPHPUBLISHINGGROUP.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: Rajshekar Reddy
Registrant Organization: Joseph Publishing Group
Name Server: NS27.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS28.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Thus, I would guess that Joseph is likely really based in South Asia and that a more fitting name would be “Rajshekar Publishing Group.”
I think this is another case of someone trying to “cash in” on the easy income that predatory publishing offers. With the launch of a single website, you’re in business and ready to start accepting and publishing papers in exchange for cash.
This case is a particularly amateurish and dishonest one. The term “Publishing Group” is common among South Asian OA publishers and mimics OMICS Publishing Group.
Appendix: List of Joseph Publishing Group journals as of 2015-04-09:
- Joseph Journal of Anesthesia and Clinical Care
- Joseph Journal of Cancer Biology and Treatment
- Joseph Journal of Cardiology and Clinical Research
- Joseph Journal of Cell Biology and Cell Metabolism
- Joseph Journal of Clinical Dermatology and Therapy
- Joseph Journal of Clinical Immunology and Immunotherapy
- Joseph Journal of Clinical Studies and Medical Case Reports
- Joseph Journal of Cytology and Tissue Biology
- Joseph Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome Disorders
- Joseph Journal of Emergency Medicine, Trauma and Surgical Care
- Joseph Journal of Food Science and Nutrition
- Joseph Journal of Hematology, Blood Transfusion and Disorders
- Joseph Journal of Medical Genomics and Biomarkers
- Joseph Journal of Nanotechnology, Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology
- Joseph Journal of Neonatology and Pediatrics
- Joseph Journal of Ophthalmology and Clinical Research
- Joseph Journal of Stem Cells Research, Development and Therapy