The open-access movement recently welcomed its latest, fully open-access publisher: Clyto Access. This brand-new publisher launched with 15 journals, mostly in the biomedical sciences.
Clyto Access has one of the strangest names of any publisher in modern history.
The publisher claims it’s based in Chicago, but a large proportion of open-access publishers lie about their true locations, and this one’s no exception. Clyto Access is really based in Hyderabad, India.
The publisher is currently spamming for editorial board members, and they have been successful at finding a few so far, but a couple of the journals still have no editorial board members.
Its ungrammatical tagline, shown in the image at the top, is “Redefining future [sic].” [It should say “Redefining the future].
The publisher charges USD $699 for each pay-to-publish research article it accepts.
If you receive a spam email inviting you to engage with Clyto Access, I recommend you delete it.
Appendix: List of Clyto Access journals as of 2016-05-04:
- Chromatographic Techniques and Uses: An Open Access Journal
- International Journal of Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine Research
- International Journal of Transplantation Research and Technology
- International Journal of Trends and Technologies in Food Processing
- International Journal of Vaccines and Technologies
- International Journal of Veterinary and Dairy Sciences
- Journal of HIV and STD Research
- Journal of Immunological Diseases, Disorders and their Prevention
- Journal of Marine Science Research and Technology
- Journal of Obesity & Weight Management
- Journal of Oncological Studies
- Journal of Ophthalmology and Optometry Research
- Journal of Precision Medicine and Public Health
- Journal of Waste Management and Environmental Issues
- Modelling and Simulation in Biotechnology: An Open Access Journal