There’s a new open-access publisher with a great name — Science Research Library — and with great graphics on its main page. However, the rest of the publisher’s website is merely designed to entrap authors.
The ‘contact us’ page of Science Research Library doesn’t list any physical headquarters location, but it’s easy to tell it’s from India.
The publisher launched recently with ten duplicative and unneeded journals.
To lure article submissions, the publisher promises two awards. According to the publisher [sic throughout],
Science Research Library (SRL) announces “Young Researcher” to the author(s) who publish minimum 5 articles in any of SRL journals.
The award is only a certificate, emailed to the winner. The terms for the other award they give, the best paper award, are a similar rip-off. Winning the award will be a mark of disgrace and will hurt the unlucky winner’s career more than help it.
Publishing an article in one of the journals costs $100 for researchers from developed countries and $50 for those from undeveloped countries.
The website has a scrolling logo display bar that says, “SRL journals will be indexed in” The scrolling logos include resources that are not academic indexes, and they include several fake impact factor companies.
No journal or publisher should make promises about future indexing, and researchers should avoid any journal that makes such promises.
The publisher’s main page contains a dark representation of a forest, an image that looks like a scene from a computer game. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn the image is pirated.
Many of the predatory publishers originating in India have appealing graphics, but, as publishers, their practices, content, and reputations are unworthy.
Despite the spiffy graphics and meretricious awards, researchers should avoid tricky, bogus publishers such as Science Research Library.
Appendix: List of Science Research Library journals as of 2016-07-23:
- Frontiers in Biomedical and Life Sciences
- International Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews
- International Journal of Commerce, Economics and Business Management
- International Journal of Engineering, Sciences, Technology and Management
- International Journal of Environmental Pollution and Control Research
- International Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Research
- International Journal of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- International Journal of Recent Advances in Biotechnology
- Journal of Environmental and Applied Bioresearch
- Social Sciences and Humanities: An International Research Journal