Here’s a new scholarly open-access publisher that exploits the name of Sweden: Swedish Scientific Publications. Predatory publishers often commandeer the names of countries to make their illicit schemes appear legitimate, and I think that’s the case here.
I first heard of Swedish Scientific Publications last week through a tweet from Dr. Elisabeth Bik:
As Dr. Bik indicates, the publisher implies it only wants male peer reviewers.
In its list of requirements for peer reviewers, Swedish Scientific Publications uses the pronoun “He” exclusively. The publisher says “He must be aware of the value of the review process He must be interested and expert [sic] in the specific field.”
The publisher has many other weaknesses and shortcomings as well.
- Its 23 journals all boast fake impact factors, a tactic designed to attract article submissions from researchers needing to publish in impact factor journals.
- The text on the website is full of grammatical, idiomatic, and editing errors.
- The publisher unwarrantedly displays the logo of Göteborgs universitet on the main page, though there is no association between it and the university.
- The publisher makes false claims about where its journals are indexed, including falsely claiming they are indexed in Scopus.
- Some of the journals appear to also be published by the predatory publisher Associated Asia Research Foundation, also on my list. So the owners are recycling some journals from another predatory publisher they own.
Poor Sweden. It’s formerly good name is being polluted and abused by a low-quality, predatory publisher.
I recommend against submitting manuscripts to both the Associated Asia Research Foundation and to Swedish Scientific Publications.
Hat tip: Dr. Elisabeth Bik
Appendix: List of Swedish Scientific Publications as of 2016-08-05
- GE-International Journal of Engineering Research (GE-IJER)
- GE-International Journal of Management Research (GE-IJMR)
- International Archives of Integrated Medicine (IAIM)
- International Journal in Commerce, IT and Social Sciences (IJCISS)
- International Journal in IT and Engineering
- International Journal in Management and Social Science
- International journal in physical and applied sciences (IJPAS)
- International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJAREAS)
- International Journal of Advanced Research in IT and Engineering (IJARIE)
- International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences (IJARMSS)
- International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security (IJCNCS)
- International Journal of Drug Regulatory Affairs (IJDRA)
- International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT, Engineering and Social Sciences (IJRCIESS)
- International Research Journal of Human Resources and Social Sciences (IRJHRSS)
- International Research Journal of Humanities, Language and Literature (IRJHLL)
- International Research Journal of Management and Commerce (IRJMC)
- International Research Journal of Marketing and Economics (IRJME)
- International Research Journal of Mathematics, Engineering and It (IRJMEIT)
- International Research Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences (IRJNAS)
- Journal of Biological and Chemical Research (JBCR)
- The Journal MVZ Cordoba
- The Recent Advances in Academic Science Journal (RAASJ)
- World Journal of Biology and Medical Science (WJBMS)