BIOHOUSE PUBLISHING GROUP is a bizarre new open-access publisher that launched recently with ten broad-scoped open-access journals. The publisher’s website makes it very clear that it’s based in Ashburn, Virginia. It also tries to associate the publisher with the Library of Congress and other legitimate organizations, yet I still find it a complete imposter.
BIOHOUSE is indeed based in Ashburn, Virginia:
However, the address appears to be merely that of an apartment building, not the office of a serious scholarly publisher. The internet domain name registration data includes the Virginia address and lists the registrant as “suresh babu changalasetty” (all lower case).
The journals use the logo of the United States Library of Congress on their cover images, and they prominently display their ISSNs. This is done to make the journal appear legitimate to researchers in Asia and Africa, researchers who would benefit from getting articles published in North America-based scholarly journals.
According to the publisher’s FAQ:
What is the average time period to publish any article in Biohouse Publishing Group?
The acceptance of the article is given within the week of submission and the article will be published online on Bimonthly basis.
So, this one-week acceptance proves this is just another predatory publisher that aims to make easy profit from open-access publishing. It charges $400 to publish a paper up to six pages long, with an additional $50 charged for each additional page, a complete rip off. You have to transfer your copyright to Babu as well.
To submit an article to any BIOHOUSE journals, one sends the paper to email@example.com.
To make it appear that people have already published in his journals, phony publisher Suresh Babu Changalasetty has quickly written and published several articles in several of his bogus journals, articles that must be seen to be believed:
- Architecture of Networks-on-Chip and Design Techniques also here
- Analyzing the use of Whatsapp and Twitter Among the University Students also here
- Nitrogen Heterocyclic Five Member Compounds also here
What a shame that phony South Asian publishing operations such as this one are starting to infiltrate North America. Why do we credential medical practitioners but not medical publishers?
Appendix: List of BIOHOUSE journals as of 2016-10-24:
- Biohouse Journal of Advanced Medical Research (BJAMR)
- Biohouse Journal of Cancer Science and Therapy (BJCST)
- Biohouse Journal of Clinical Trials (BJCT)
- Biohouse Journal of Computer Science (BJCS)
- Biohouse Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism (BJDM)
- Biohouse Journal of General Medicine (BJGM)
- Biohouse Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics Practices (BJGOP)
- Biohouse Journal of Research in Engineering (BJRE)
- Biohouse Journal of Research in Science (BJRS)
- Biohouse Journal of Surgery (BJS)