Are you ready to upgrade your PC? Searching for an affordable motherboard that delivers great gaming performance? Look no further!
We’ll help you find the best LGA 1200 motherboards below $200 – so you can enjoy the latest games without breaking the bank. You won’t want to miss out on these fantastic finds!
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Budget Motherboard
When searching for the best budget motherboards for gaming, there are a few primary factors to consider prior to making a purchase. It’s important to correctly identify the type of processor socket you need and then be selective with regards to other features like USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, SLI support, overclocking capabilities, etc.
Having an understanding of your specific needs will help narrow down the options and streamline the selection process.
In terms of socket types, LGA 1200 is one of the leading connections among Intel’s current generation processors that utilizes less power for faster data transmission speeds. To continue with a more detailed discussion on LGA 1200 sockets and budget gaming motherboards with that connection type:
- Determine what features are most important: Choose between Z490 or B460 chipset Intel boards to provide adequate support for your particular CPU as well as future upgrades. As it pertains to features such as M2 storage slots, PCI-E 3.0 slots supporting multi-graphics cards configuration and throughput speeds up to 10Gbps; multiple heatsink designs; robust overclocking capabilities; etc., understand which attributes are important before narrowing down options further.
- Select the right form factor: ATX or mini-ITX? Selecting between standard ATX or mini-ITX will depend on your desired system size but rest assured that either form factor can accommodate an LGA 1200 CPU properly while packing enough components inside their respective cases (upgraded CPU cooling systems can also fit inside). Also consider the amount of fan headers, digital LED headers, IO shield protection and any additional elements you may want in order to increase system performance or customize aesthetics even further.
The above factors should all be taken into consideration when selecting between budget gaming motherboards but they are only guidelines – conducting research based on reviews from previous owners should also be done prior to making a purchase so you know exactly what you’re getting in return for the money you spend!
The Best LGA 1200 Motherboards Under $200
When it comes to gaming motherboards, Intel’s LGA 1200 socket is one of the most popular and widely used. This socket allows for a wide range of processors and offers great support for a budget build. Here, we’ve rounded up the best LGA 1200 motherboards under $200 – all of which are capable of meeting your gaming needs.
For starters, let’s take a look at the Gigabyte B460M DS3H MicroATX motherboard. This MicroATX motherboard is powered by an Intel B460 chipset and includes an impressive range of features such as two USB 3 headers, four DDR4 DIMM slots supporting up to 64GB RAM at 4133MHz and dual M.2 sockets with support for up to 2TB in storage capacity.
It also comes with Realtek ALC887 audio codec for immersive on-board audio visuals, four-pin fan connectors for maximum cooling efficiency and AI Overclocking software for maximizing your CPU performance.
If you’re looking for something that offers great performance without sacrificing any features or looks then you should definitely consider the Asus Prime Z490-A ATX Motherboard.
This comprehensive motherboard comes with an Intel Z490 chipset that supports both 9th & 10th Gen Intel Core processors giving it vast amounts of power in key areas like visuals and its noteworthy five DDR4 RAM slots allow you to utilize memory speeds up to 5000MHz+ while further maximizing your overall performance gain in heavy tasks such as gaming or video editing.
As well as its impressive specs list this board also sports many exciting features such as ASUS AI Overclocking support, USB front header connections, Wi-Fi6 wireless connection options and Aura Sync RGB light effects providing you with beautiful immersion within your PC’s components design & lighting system setup!
Finally, if you are seeking budget board greatness then the MSI B460M-A Pro MicroATX motherboard should be at the top of your shortlist specifically when considering LGA 1200 sockets caliber performance capabilities inherited from its robust Intel B460 Chipset foundation paired smoothly with overly sufficient memory technologies like Dual Channel DDR4 memory that supports up to 32GB at speeds never seen before on these boards allowing preconfigured TURBO Boost frequencies when stretched too their limits during hectic scenarios otherwise known as long gaming sessions or long video editing projects!
And not just this either; Other great elements embedded within this MicroATX fitment include Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec engine alongside unique EZ Debug LED Troubleshooting assistant plus dedicated PCIe expansion slots which deploy various GPU atmospheres including NVIDIA SLI & AMD CrossFire technologies alike!
Pros and Cons of Budget Motherboards
When building a gaming PC, the motherboard is one of the most important components. It’s vital to research and understand both the pros and cons of budget motherboards before making a final selection for your system.
- Lower Price: The primary benefit of budget motherboards is their usually lower price. Depending on your needs, this allows you to purchase a suitable motherboard that fits within your budget.
- Adaptability: Budget motherboards offer more customization than more expensive options, allowing gamers to adjust settings according to their individual gaming preferences.
- Upgradability: Budget motherboards can easily accommodate future upgrades, making them an ideal choice for budget gamers who are looking to enhance their gaming experience over time.
- Lower Quality Materials: Budget motherboards tend to use lower quality materials than more expensive options, leading to reduced lifespan and potentially faulty or malfunctioning components over time.
- Limited Features or Connectivity Options: Many features found on higher end models are simply not available on budget models due to cost restraints; however, many basic features essential for a complete gaming experience such as USB ports or audio jacks may still be included on budget models depending on the model chosen.
Likewise, less compatible connectivity options such as 4K display compatibility or multi-monitor support may also be limited due to cost constraints.
In conclusion, it is possible to find an LGA 1200 motherboard under $200 with features and specs compatible with your gaming needs. It comes down to choosing the right model, with the amount of RAM slots, size and socket type being important factors.