Nowadays, there are many companies that are dedicated to moving, but some of them are not as professional as you would expect. When it is decided to change the address, choosing well with whom we will transport our belongings is essential, in this way the client ensures that the change will be made on time and within the established period, without problems derived from hiring non-professionals.
There are many companies already established in the market and with a high reputation that will make your work easier. Organizing well and choosing a good moving company such as “H2H Move” California is usually the best solution for those who have chosen to change their home. What is usually said to start this new stage on the right foot.
The Drawbacks Of A Cheap Move
Any move is already quite stressful physically, mentally and emotionally: There is a lot to plan, organize, pack… we say goodbye to the old environment and we have to adapt to the new home. Then there is the economic side.
Most of us look for the cheapest option possible, but that does not mean that it is necessarily the best choice and it can bring several inconveniences to the process that will only make us more stressed.
Among the unpleasant surprises that hiring the cheapest move can bring us are the following:
- The moving time is usually longer than in a move with a high economic value. Most of these cheap companies have small transport vehicles and few staff.
- There are greater possibilities of deterioration of the furniture by not having high security conditions in regard to the products, such as: packaging, wrappers, etc.
- The staff who usually work in these low-cost companies are not usually qualified, which, linking to the previous point, does not give us the confidence that our belongings will be treated with the care they deserve.
- Some companies and individuals that do this “low-cost” move do not have insurance; therefore, if there is deterioration or loss of any product, they are not responsible for it.
What To Assess When Hiring A Moving Company?
A sufficiently qualified removal company does not have to have a high cost. But there are a number of points to assess before deciding on one professional or another. The minimum requirements that we have to look for are the following:
- Find out what reputation the moving company you want to choose has. Look for opinions on the Internet to find out the degree of involvement of the workers and the level of satisfaction of your customers.
- With adequate foresight, planning and organization, choosing a moving company that meets expectations is not complicated. Also, before making the move, check what is the most advantageous way to cancel the home insurance of the old house and register again for the new one.
- They must have a variety of packaging that guarantees the protection of our furniture and belongings, as well as a wide range of vehicles and work tools.
- It seeks that the company is registered in the municipal registry, that it has civil liability and merchandise insurance and that its staff is insured. If you want more guarantees, choose one that is part of a removal association, since to be registered it must pass some quality filters.
- Analyze the risks and commitments of the company before entrusting your belongings to it. Read the fine print well and look for what things are guaranteed and what is the exact service it provides. Do not place too much trust in a company that does not have a known registered office.
- Person holding several cardboard boxes because they have decided not to choose a moving company.
- There are moving companies that pack the objects the day before and at no cost to the consumer. But if you decide to pack your belongings yourself, although it is cheaper, you may get worse results. After all, companies have more resources and a variety of packaging systems. In addition, they are not responsible for the breakage of the contents of the boxes that you have packed since they do not know what the state of the objects was before packing them.
- You must have an insurance, essential, that in case of loss or breakage of a product, you will take charge of the payment of the same.
- The only way to choose well is to do it among several options. Do not stick with the first one you have just because it is the cheapest. There are many pirate companies in the sector, and the best way to avoid them is to avoid bargains and avoid phone estimates without a visit. It is best that you be proactive and request the budget from several companies well in advance, and that you take your time before deciding on one.
- Check prices from at least three companies that offer guarantees, such as belonging to a recognized business organization. Also, make sure that the budget includes aspects such as the origin and destination of the move (local, provincial, international), the type of belongings (antiques, fragile objects), the mode of transport (air, sea, road), the dates of execution (high or low season, weekends, holidays), etc.
- That the company offers us the possibility of looking for a furniture storage service included in the budget, itemized, if necessary.
- The move must be made within the agreed deadlines.
- Just as important as the insurance is that the company signs a service contract with you in whom everything is reflected in writing, this is always a guarantee of commitment from the professional who will take care of your things.
- Ask what is the estimated time it will take to complete the entire job (ideally agree on a number of trips to be made) and if the work is direct, that is, if they move your things from your old house to the new one without stopping in a midpoint. If not, find out where they will leave your things.
To finish, we simply propose a reflection. Ask yourself just a couple of things: how much would you pay for the security of your assets? How much are your memories worth, those objects impregnated with the story of your life?
The answer that many of us would give to these questions would be that “it is priceless”. Remember that a quality removal company does not have to be an excessive expense if you have planned your budget well and have informed yourself properly. In the end they will save you more than you think.