It’s a scenario that’s been played out all too frequently at sports betting sites. It plagues avid sports fans who just received a hot tip, spotted a crucial play, or received word that a star player would be sitting out the next game. As the old adage goes, ‘time is money’ and, in this instance, it rings true.
The quicker you place a bet at a sports betting site, the more likely you are to lock in great odds and turn a profit. The only thing stopping sports fans from doing this is an inefficient depositing method.
Enter the credit card; using a credit card to bet on sports solves all of the problems commonly associated with alternative depositing methods. To top it all off, all of the best sportsbooks accept credit card deposits, with some going as far as offering generous incentives to use this particular method.
It makes a lot of sense to fund your sports betting account via credit card. The perks it offers are as exciting as the NBA, NFL, NHL, or Premier League matches that you’ll be betting on in no time. Let’s take a closer look at what you’ll get from both your credit card provider and the sportsbook when you use this convenient depositing method.
Placing a Bet with a Credit Card
Using a credit card to fund your sportsbook account is an absolute breeze. That’s why it’s currently rated as the number one method used by the online betting sites that accept US players. The easiest way to get started is to visit a specialist review site put in the man-hours to determine which sportsbooks come out on top.
Once you’ve picked your favorite sportsbook from the top 5 list on the site, simply click on the ‘Bet Now’ button that will navigate you to the registration page. From here, you’ll be able to sign up, select your Welcome Bonus and make a deposit using a credit card. Each site provides a detailed explanation of how to make a deposit.
Welcome bonuses maximize your deposit so that you have more funds available to try out the exciting bet types available on different sports. When picking your welcome bonus, be sure to read the terms and conditions.
Are Sports Betting Sites Safe for Credit Cards?
The answer to that question is a resounding yes. All of the reputable online sports betting sites consider user safety their number one priority. The online sportsbooks incorporate bank-grade encryption that ensures your financial details and financial transactions are kept 100% secure.
Plus, you’d also have the added benefit of being protected against credit card fraud by your bank or credit card provider adding an additional layer of security to transactions. Before you make a transaction at a sportsbook, make sure that the site is reputable and backed by a solid reputation, features the necessary encryption, and licensed with a betting authority in their respective jurisdiction. Head on to Horsebetting.com for more info.
Best Credit Cards for Sports Betting
Four key players currently dominate the electronic payments industry. Visa, Mastercard, America Discover. These four companies process most of the world’s card payments, and you’ll find that most online sportsbooks have taken note of this statistic. Players sometimes run into issues when their credit card provider flags a payment to a sportsbook, but generally speaking, the success rate is satisfactory.
Most reputable online sportsbooks accept many of these cards, but research has found that the winner by unanimous decision is Visa.
- Visa: Visa is a top contender as it’s widespread use continues to grow, so does its success rate. Visa is the largest of the four players in terms of purchase volume, amount of transactions processed, and cards in circulation.
- Mastercard: Mastercard trails Visa in terms of success rate, even though the two have similar global merchant footprints. As a result of the lower success rate, fewer sportsbooks accept this option.
- American Express and Discover: These credit card companies enjoy popularity across the States, but less so when it comes to sportsbooks. The success rate is significantly lower, which results in fewer sports betting sites accepting these cards.
Top Sportsbooks for Credit Cards
Find the best sportsbooks for credit cards with bonuses at safestbettingsites.com
Get in on the sporting action by picking one of the top five sportsbooks that accepts credit card betting in America. These sportsbooks offer their new player’s unique bonus codes, promo codes, and coupons.
- BetNow: This is the number one choice for sports fans who want to bet at a reputable sportsbook that offers a generous welcome bonus of 100% up to $1000 plus the added advantage of swift payouts, set at 24 hours.
- MyBookie: The wildly popular MyBookie also features a welcome bonus of 100% up to $1000 and features a great selection of contestants to add to the thrill of betting. Payouts take 2-3 days to process.
- SportsBetting: This site features an easy to navigate layout and boasts a welcome bonus of 50% up to $1000 plus loads of exciting promotions. Bet on a great variety of sports, esports, and more. Payouts take 2-4 days to process.
- Bovada: This sports betting site offers a crisp design, a fantastic VIP program, live betting, and streamlined credit wagering. New players get a welcome bonus of 50% up to $250, along with daily specials. Payouts take 2-3 days to process.
- BetOnline: This sportsbook offers new players a welcome bonus of 50% up to $1000, along with a fantastic reload bonus of 25% up to $250 on every qualifying reload throughout the year. Payouts take 2-4 days to process.
Pros and Cons
When weighing up the pro and cons of using a credit card at a sportsbook, it’s abundantly clear that the pros outweigh the cons.
- Some sportsbooks offer special credit card bonuses and coupons
- Credit card providers and banks offer rewards, cash-back opportunities, and promotional benefits for credit card use
- There are usually no fees associated with a credit card payment
- Extra layers of transactional safety
- Payment reflects instantly
- Great for rush deposits
- Some sportsbooks don’t accept certain credit card providers
- Some banks and credit card providers restrict payment to sportsbooks
- Some credit card providers have a low success rate
Using a credit card for betting at a sportsbook makes a lot of sense. If you consider the sheer convenience, the time saved, and naturally, the frustration avoided, you can’t go wrong with credit card betting. On top of that, you’ll also score with special sportsbook incentives, cash-back opportunities, bonuses, and more. Credit cards offer an efficient and convenient alternative to other depositing methods and are guaranteed to make your sports betting experience all the more enjoyable.