If you’re looking for something to soothe your muscle and joint pains, you have a ton of choices from over-the-counter creams and gels, to cannabidiol (CBD) pills, gummies, balms, and oils, as well as numerous other pain revealing products. However, as cannabidiol usage is now legal across the country and more and more studies are showing the potentially wide-ranging benefits, the cannabidiol products we mentioned are rapidly gaining in use and popularity.
While each of the product options are reported to provide various benefits, for those suffering from aching joints and muscles the mass majority of users are swearing by topical CBD balm.
As the popularity has blossomed and numerous products are flooding the market these days, you may want a little help understanding the benefits of CBD balm and how to find the best one for you from Wisdom Essentials. With that in mind, this quick guide can definitely help get you started down the right path.
What is CBD Balm?
Depending on the brand, most of these products are fragrant topical creams or oils that are sometimes mixed with other soothing oils such as eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint, and others. These products contain a 0.3% concentration or less of THC – the cannabinoid responsible for the “high” associated with cannabidiol’s cousin, marijuana.
A major thing to keep in mind when purchasing a product is the total amount of cannabidiol that it contains. Be sure to research the product and read the ingredients as some people need higher concentrations than others in order to get the level of relief they need. Another good tip to consider is that lab-tested products are generally more likely to provide relief.
Next, these products are generally one of three types: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate, each of which can have varying effects on the user.
Full-spectrum – includes minor cannabinoids, terpenes, and trace levels of THC.
Broad-spectrum – includes minor cannabinoids and terpenes but THC is removed.
Isolate – all THC, cannabinoids, and terpenes are removed and the cannabidiol is left in a pure powder form.
Why Does CBD Help Aching Muscles?
CBD has undergone numerous studies and several of them have shown that cannabidiol inhibits certain inflammatory molecules and interacts with the high concentration of cannabinoid receptors in our skin that are part of our endocannabinoid system. This system is responsible for maintaining the homeostasis of numerous bodily functions, including pain management.
This means that these products can potentially help you relieve tension, reduce inflammation, and shorten your recovery time from aching muscles and joints.
While cannabidiol has been shown to reduce inflammation of the muscles and inhaling or ingesting CBD-infused products can help, numerous users have found that applying the product directly to affected areas provides faster recovery time. Since balm is applied topically, it can work on specific parts of the body and help with areas like specific muscles and joints. Cannabidiol gets absorbed by the skin and doesn’t enter the bloodstream, working on the body to relieve pain for a certain amount of time, much like over-the-counter topical creams.
However, the type of cannabidiol used in the balm, the total dosage, additional ingredients, and individual differences in your body are all going to be factors for the exact experience you get from using the product.
Which Type of Pain Does CBD Balm Alleviate?
The ongoing research on the uses of cannabidiol provides positive results on the product’s pain-relieving abilities. One of the promising findings of CBD balm is that its mechanism helps address numerous types of pain. They include:
- Nerve pain- cannabidiol has shown to provide significant-efficiency in dealing with nerve damage pain. The itchy, cold, intense, and sharp sensation that the product provides is crucial in reducing pain.
- Arthritis- The condition mainly affects your joints leading to inflammation. The pain from this condition affects movement and physical activity. The cannabidiol pain balm would be the solution for you, as shown in recent studies.
The CDB product for pain relief is gaining much popularity and quickly finding its way in the health sector.
Which Is the Best CBD Balm?
Since different types of CBD balm have flocked the market, it would be hard to find the right one for you. Besides, other considerations depend on the product itself, the need, and the budget.
Some of the basic things you should at least grasp about the product you buy include;
- The amount of THC content and the provisions of the certificate of analysis
- Comes from a credible source. Most companies provide proof of third-party testing by an accredited lab.
- The ingredients and their source.
- Whether it has passed tests for molds, heavy metals, and pesticides.
- Company’s compliance to Food and Drug Administration
- Does your pick include extra ingredients, such as camphor, menthol, and arnica, that specifically deal with pain?
- The pricing
The Best CBD Balm for Aches
- The Naternal Rescue CBD Muscle Balm is a full-spectrum CBD product that combines pain-relieving ingredients. It comes from North Carolina hemp and is available online.
- Aspen Green Muscle Relief Cooling balm- Popular for its cooling effect and THC content which provides an entourage effect known to complement the cannabidiol.
- Medterra Pain Balm is an isolated CBD type that contains no other parts of the hemp plant than CBD. It has a cooling effect delivered by the menthol and arnica extracts.
- The CBDfx Muscle and Joint Hemp Balm- The broad-spectrum CBD product includes menthol to enhance the cooling capabilities. Besides, it contains white willow bark extracts and caffeine to boost pain relief.
Many users have reported that regular application of CBD balm helps alleviate their muscle and joint pain better than simply applying it in times of extreme pain. However, you need to find the best product that has the ingredients and levels of cannabidiol that suits your needs.
And of course, it’s always advisable to seek medical advice before using any of these products for examination and guidance.