Choosing a YouTube username is an important decision, as it will become the identity of your channel and will be seen by all of your viewers. In this article, we’ll discuss some tips for finding the perfect YouTube username.
For those who may not know how to use the YouTube app or how to change your YouTube channel name on a desktop computer, we’ve created a blog post that explains how YouTube studio and edit channel name work. YouTube channel’s name has a lot of importance among YouTube channels. In this blog post, you will learn how to change your YouTube channel name.
You can access YouTube by google services like google account name and personal google account. Once you are on the YouTube page you will see the basic info that you need to customize the channel. Verified YouTube channels have a different policy for changing your YouTube channel name.
Change Your YouTube Channel Name with These Easy Steps
The process of changing your YouTube name. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Log in to your YouTube account and click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
2. From the dropdown menu, select “YouTube Settings.”
3. In the left-hand menu, click on the “Channel” tab.
4. Scroll down to the “Channel Name” section and click on the “Edit on Google” button, next to your current YouTube name.
5. Enter a new username in the box provided and click “Save Changes” when you are done.
6. Your new YouTube name is now saved and will immediately be reflected on any videos you have already uploaded, as well as in all comments or other interactions with other users on YouTube or other platforms such as Google+, Facebook, etc.
7. If you want to change your display name (which appears under each video), go back to the “My Channel” page, click on the “Edit Profile” button and enter a new display name in the box provided. Don’t forget to save your changes if you change your YouTube or display name.
It’s important to note that changing your YouTube name will not only affect the name of your channel, but also the URL of your channel page. If you have a large number of subscribers and a lot of content on your channel, it may be worth considering the potential impact on your existing audience before making the change.
Grow your account with your new YouTube name.
How to Change Your YouTube Name on Mobile
If you use YouTube on a mobile device, there are several different ways to change your name. The most common way is to update your Google account’s profile information associated with YouTube. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Google account (if you haven’t already) and select “My Account.”
- Select “Personal info” from the left-hand navigation menu and then select “Name”.
- Enter your name as desired and click “Save changes”. Your new name will be updated across all of the services associated with your Google account, including YouTube.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to make any changes to your Google profile but still need to update your YouTube name, you can do this directly from the mobile app. Here’s how:
- Open the YouTube app and tap on Settings in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “Profile” and then select “Edit profile”.
- Enter your desired name in the Name field and click “Save”. Your changes will be saved and your new name will appear everywhere across YouTube on a mobile device. You may successfully grow your youtube account with your new YouTube name.
Pro Tips on Finding a YouTube Channel Name
- First and foremost, it’s important to consider the content of your YouTube channel. If you’re planning to create a channel focused on a specific niche you might consider including the word within your own name.
- For example, if you’re a YouTube video content creator on gaming, you can include “gaming” in your username with a few clicks. This will help to give your channel context and make it more easily discoverable to viewers searching for gaming content.
- Another factor to consider is the length of your YouTube username. Shorter and simpler names are generally easier to remember and can be more effective at attracting YouTube subscribers. On the other hand, longer names may be more difficult to remember and may not be as effective at standing out in search results. If you already have a name simply change your Youtube channel name with the perfect name.
- It’s also a good idea to avoid using numbers or special characters in your YouTube username, as these can be harder for viewers to remember and may not be as effective at attracting subscribers.
- One way to find the perfect YouTube username is to brainstorm a list of ideas and then narrow it down based on the factors discussed above. You might also consider using a YouTube name generator to help spark some ideas.
- Update your channel’s branding and graphics to reflect your new name. This might include changing your channel’s banner, profile picture, and any other graphics that include your old channel name.
- One way to minimize disruption is to announce the change in advance and provide your viewers with a clear explanation of its reasons. You might also consider redirecting your old URL to your new one to ensure that your viewers can easily find your new channel.
- Again, it’s important to remember that your YouTube username should be unique and not already in use by another channel. To check the availability of a particular username, simply visit the YouTube website and enter the desired username in the search bar. If the username is already in use, you’ll need to choose a different one.
Finding the perfect YouTube username is important in creating a successful channel. By considering the content of your channel, the length of your username, and the availability of the desired username, you can choose a name that will effectively represent your channel and attract subscribers.
The Top 10 Most Popular YouTubers YouTube Channel Names & Number of Subscribers They Have
- PewDiePie: 100 million subscribers
- Justin Bieber: 48 million subscribers
- Lzzy Hale: 3.25 million subscribers
- Markiplier: 27 million subscribers
- Shane Dawson: 22 million subscribers
- Rosanna Pansino: 12 million subscribers
- HolaSoyGerman: 41 million subscribers
- VanossGaming: 24.6 million subscribers
- Smosh: 23.2 million subscribers
- Ryan Higa: 20.5 million subscribers
As you can see these names are choosen to reflect the content of their channels and give them a unique identify. When selecting your own YouTube channel name, consider how it will reflect the content you plan to produce and its availability and length. With some careful thought and consideration, you are sure to find a great name for your YouTube channel.