Gaming consoles are getting more and more popular among youngsters. These easy to play technologies have made it more convenient for youngsters or even the elder to play games. Mostly these gaming consoles are connected to a TV for playing games but if in any case, you don’t have your TV or if it is damaged then you will definitely opt for other ways like a laptop or monitor.
In any situation like this people like to opt for a monitor due to their bigger screen. But do you know how to connect your PS4 to your monitor? Well, if not, then we are here to let you know about simple ways to connect your PS4 to the monitor. You can check a number of tips & tricks related to the use of tech gadgets on our website TechTrada. But before you get started with the method, you must check several things. See what’s that!
Before you start the process to connect the PS4 to the monitor, it is very important to check the port connections available in your PS4 & your Monitor. Keep a note of these connection ports that both of these devices contain.
HDMI is a high-quality multi-media port & PS4 equipped with the recent technology has this port. It can transfer both audio & video but on the other hand, most computer monitors don’t contain HDMI ports. And if the monitor you are trying to connect with your PS4 doesn’t have HDMI then you’ll need to have an adapter.
Moreover, if the monitor doesn’t have a built-in speaker and you love to hear sound during your gameplay then you need to use an external speaker, or you just plug in headphones to your PS4 controller.
Methods To Connect Your PS4 To Monitor
1. Connect Your PS4 To Monitor Through HDMI
- Turn off your PS4 & Monitor to connect both devices.
- Using an HDMI cable, you need to connect one end of the HDMI port on your PS4 and the other end into your PC monitor.
- Now, if both ends are connected correctly, plug in the power cables and switch on both devices.
- Check if your computer monitor detects your PS4, if it doesn’t you must check your HDMI connection or consider replacing it if needed.
- If your monitor is connected with the PS4, you can now customize settings like resolution with your PS4 controller.
- After all, settings are done, enjoy playing games on your computer monitor.
Customize and protect your PS 4 controller with a unique designed skin decal. With the unique designed PS4 decal to your liking from CustomSticker.com, game time can now be a one-of-a-kind experience.
2. Connect PS4 to PC Monitor VGA
If your PC monitor has a VGA port instead of HDMI, no need to worry. You can connect your PS4 to a monitor with a VGA port.
See how you can connect your PS4 to PC Monitor VGA
- Same in a way you have connected your HDMI cable, connect the one end of your VGA cable to the monitor and another one to the adapter.
- You can also plug in speakers or headphones to the adapter.
- If it doesn’t directly connect with the adapter, you can use the HDMI switch to connect your PS4 to the monitor.
- You can use the HDMI switch power cable to power up your PS4.
- Attach one end of the HDMI to the Switch input and another one to the PS4.
- Now, if all the settings are done, switch on the monitor and both of your devices will be connected.
- Go ahead and enjoy playing games on your motor.
3. Hook up using DVI to HDMI Converter / Cable
HDMI & DVI both work on digital signals. Using any of these will not cause any quality issues. You may know that DVI does not support audio signals, so you may opt for buying a soundbar with optical output. All you need to do is get an HDMI to DVI cable. You can also use HDMI to DVI converter DVI to display (monitor connector).
Let’s see how you can connect a PS4 using DVI TO HDMI converter cable!
1- In an HDMI output port, connect the HDMI cable to PS4 & the other end of the DVI port into the monitor. With the HDMI to DVI converter, you need to connect the other end convertor and DVI to the display.
2- Now turn on your Monitor display and select the input options and switch on your PlayStation. You can also test the volume.
4. Connect using HDMI to Composite Converter
If for any reason you are not planning to get a soundbar, then this method can help you. You need to have an HDMI to Composite Converter, an HDMI cable & a Composite cable. This is quite a different method to connect your PS4 to a monitor.
Let’s see how you use this method!
1- Starting with the same process, connect one end of your HDMI cable to your gaming console (PS4), hook up the other end to HDMI to a composite converter.
Plug the USB power cable into the HDMI converter.
2- Connect the composite cable to your monitor.
3- Now Turn on your display screen, select your desired switches and input and enjoy your gaming.
Things to consider
All the methods are easy and effective to provide you an immersive gaming environment. You can easily enjoy your gaming by just following these simple methods, but you need to be very much careful about setting up the whole setup. Make sure that you follow each step with proper care and concentration in order to stay safe from any kind of hazardous activity.
Connecting a PS4 to your computer monitor is quite simple and easy. You must know about these simple tricks. We have discussed the possible ways to connect your PS4 to your pc monitor.
It will enable you to have smoother gameplay with just simple settings. For more information related to these tech tricks, visit our site, you’ll have more interesting tips & tricks to deal with your digital gadgets.