Creating a website for a professional teacher/tutor is not a necessary requirement of the certification process. In fact, it is enough for the teacher to have his/her own page with publications on the school portal. The portfolio can be filled with various documents confirming the level of professionalism, but having your own website will be a bigger plus.
Quality sites will be useful not only for teachers, but also for the educational institution, because in the end, public materials confirm the openness and level of excellence of the teachers of the chosen school.
For tutors, their own website is much more important. It’s a way to detail their services and skills, provide up-to-date contact information, and sometimes even provide online payment for services.
The main ways to create a website for a teacher
If we’re just talking about school teachers, as Writemypaperbro.com advises, it makes sense for them to be hosted inside a school portal for several reasons:
• It’s free. There are a lot of free services for creating free sites, but for free of charge in fact have to pay something. For example, showing third-party advertising.
• No advertising. Display ads on the website teacher – this is a minus for his authority. Here, of course, to decide for yourself, but the respect of the children or their parents, advertising will not add a teacher.
• Moderation option. Officially, the school administration (and the designated responsible employee) is responsible for all posted content. Therefore, inappropriate content will simply not be posted.
• No technical problems. All the nuances are the responsibility of the responsible employees – you only pay for the right material.
Of the disadvantages, there is a complete lack of control over your page. If you move to another school, you will have to create a page from scratch.
For teachers, social networks and other controversial sites automatically fall away. Of quality (but paid) solutions – only their own site as an alternative to the school portal. If you’re looking to gain credibility, or are planning to engage in the future tutoring, without its own site cannot do.
For the tutors it’s even easier. You must create a website, because without it you can’t promote pages in social networks or run a quality advertising campaign.
How you can make a website for tutor or teacher
With the help of a CMS-system. CMS – is the “engine” of the site with a ready-made admin panel and the ability to expand (through additions). This way is the most complex and time-consuming. To work the site will need hosting and its own domain name.
Quality free templates – also a rarity, so the budget should lay the purchase theme or pay for the services of a designer / coder. The option with CMS suits only those who already have experience in running their own sites. Without such a long time will have to get into the features of this or that CMS.
With the help of online designers. Cloud platforms often already provide all the necessary functions and even more (so that projects of different types can work on them). You will not have to worry about hosting settings, even domains can often be purchased within the system.
All online designers have a free test period so that the client can evaluate their capabilities in advance, and many even offer completely free plans on a permanent basis. True, for a teacher or tutor conditions of “free” is likely to be unacceptable, since the site will show ads or you cannot add your own domain name. So it is worth setting yourself up for a “paid” subscription.
With the help of HTML. Any page on the Web is a set of HTML tags. Pages can be generated “on the fly” (in dynamic sites, such as CMS) or immediately given in the “static”. With sufficient knowledge of static site can be cobbled together in any text editor, even in a simple notepad. Third-party services, such as online chats, can be connected by integrating code. Sounds simple? No. Unrealistically difficult without experience.
Offline designers can help with the layout. But they, too, are mostly paid, such as Mobirise (the program itself is completely free, but its extensions and ready-made templates are paid).
Plus, again, you’ll need hosting (although cheaper than dynamic, some services such as GitHub Pages, completely free) and your domain (only purchase). Tie it all together without specialized knowledge will be even more difficult than in the case of CMS.
As can be seen from the above, the best option for teachers will be to create their own site in online designers. Some may be suitable option with CMS, but only if the admin panel of the engine is friendly to beginners, as in WordPress.
What should be listed on the site of the teacher/tutor
The filling and structure of the pages of the business card site as a minimum requires the indication of specific services and relevant contact information.In the rest – complete freedom. You can put each individual service on your page and advertise them separately in contextual campaigns.Everything is very individual and depends on the specifics of your activity.
In most cases, however, will be enough for a few pages:
• About yourself (here it is also logical to place information about your achievements: certificates, awards, diplomas, etc.).
• Lesson plan (everything that concerns the curriculum of your courses/lessons).
• Examples of classes (relevant if you have your own video broadcasting channel, although you can show just a few examples of classes).
• Contacts (a separate page or a single block for all pages, for example, in the basement of the site).
• Blog/information section. Should be added only if you have the time and desire to share useful information with the audience.
• Feedback from your students or their parents.
• Services. All services can be described on one page, or you can make a page for each (so the meta tags will be able to enter more thematic key queries and get traffic from search engines).
Creating websites for teachers or tutors is no longer a problem today. Online constructors and CMS-systems can help. Moreover, the first are preferable, as they allow you to abstract away from the complex technical component (hosting, domain settings, etc.), and the payment model does not require a large one-time investment. You can pay even monthly, as long as you use the service.
It’s not enough to create a website, you need to learn how to use it effectively. To do this, you need to properly fill it and combine it with other sources of attracting customers (social networks, bulletin boards, specialized sites for finding tutors / individual services).