E-liquid is a substance that contains flavor and, in some variants, nicotine. When the liquid is used to fill an electronic cigarette, it gets heated by a battery—turning the e-liquid into smooth vapor.
You might have heard of e-liquids under different names such as vape juice, mod juice, e-juice, and vape liquid. The reason why people call it using many names is because of different vaping styles. What’s important is that if it’s a liquid that you’re going to use in an e-cigarette, then it’s generally an e-liquid.
Now, here are some important things you need to know about e-liquids.
1. How To Choose An E-Liquid Flavor
Choosing an e-liquid flavor entirely depends on personal preference. There are hundreds of e-liquid flavors with various brands to choose from. For those who are using vapes to come off from cigarettes, choosing a tobacco or menthol-flavored e-liquid is recommended. For beginners and leisure vapers, most prefer fruity or dessert flavor e-liquids.
The best way to choose an e-liquid flavor is to go to a vape store so you can try a sample of a few varieties. This is also the best way for people who are quitting cigarettes and are looking for something that tastes like a traditional cigarette. You also have the option to come up with your own e-liquid flavor by blending a couple of juices together to create unique combinations. According to Vape Town, you can even increase the nicotine by adding nicotine shots, or nic shots.
Finding an e-liquid flavor that suits your taste is not that expensive. There are plenty of different e-liquid flavors in 10ml bottles that are very affordable. You just have to find a good brand that offers reasonable prices.
2. Types Of E-Liquids
There are many flavors of e-liquids and it may get a bit overwhelming if you’re still new to vaping. However, there are only two main types, and these are the following:
- PG Vape Liquids – this type of e-liquid is high in nicotine and is more intense once it goes into your throat. They are ideal for people who are heavy smokers because they simulate the feel of smoking.
- VG Vape Juices – this is the type of e-liquid that’s loved by many vapers, especially those who love to vape at home. They provide thicker, sweeter, and more visible clouds of smoke. Because of that, they are ideal for vapers who are looking to create big, thick clouds and do all kinds of vape tricks.
3. Tips On Choosing The Right Nicotine Strength
When it comes to nicotine strength, it all depends on how much you used to smoke. Here’s a quick guide on how you can choose the right nicotine strength in an e-liquid.
- Light Smokers/Non-Smokers – If you’re a light smoker, you should go for 3mg e-liquids. If that doesn’t satisfy you, you can go for 6mg. Most light smokers are comfortable with a 3mg e-liquid. But for those who haven’t smoked before, it’s best if you opt for nicotine-free e-liquids and enjoy a great vaping experience.
- Medium Smokers – An average smoker can consume 10 to 16 cigarettes per day. If you’re that kind of a smoker, it’s best to opt for mid-strength 11mg e-liquids as a start. You can then taper down to 6mg or lower over time, or until you no longer crave the effects of nicotine.
- Heavy Smokers – If you’re a heavy smoker consuming 15 or more cigarettes per day, it means that your body is used to taking in huge amounts of nicotine on a daily basis. If that’s the case, you’ll want to opt for 16mg e-liquid to satisfy your cravings and then taper down to smaller amounts over time.
It’s important for heavy smokers to find the right nicotine strength, especially if they’re using vape to quit smoking. With the help of a vape, you’ll be able to ease up the quitting process instead of overdoing or completely depriving yourself.
4. Proper Storage
If you’re going to travel, you have to make sure that your e-liquid is packed properly in a plastic bag. Your vape gear and e-liquids should both fall under the same category as liquid items in your luggage. So, you need to make sure that they are kept together in a sturdy plastic bag along with other liquid items such as perfumes, toiletries, etc.
You might also want to limit the number of liquids you bring if you want to enjoy a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Avoid carrying e-liquids in more than 100ml when traveling, especially if you are bringing other types of liquids. Airlines usually prohibit more than 100ml of liquid items in carry-on luggage, and if you’re carrying more than that, you may be forced to leave your e-liquid in the airport.
Be sure to pack your vape gear and e-liquids in an organized and mindful manner, especially if you have bought some very good vape juice flavors such as black mamba, bubblegum, and riptide.
The best thing about e-liquids is that they are much more convenient than traditional cigarettes since you can simply pop them into your pocket and enjoy it anywhere. E-liquids are also cheaper than smoking traditional cigarettes. So, if you are looking to quit smoking, using an e-liquid makes a lot of sense.
Finally, e-liquid allows you to still enjoy the flavor of cigarettes, albeit in a different form. Many smokers have switched to this type of alternative because they are able to enjoy smoking in a brand-new way and with a wide variety of flavors that are unique and unavailable from traditional cigarettes.
Before you shop for new vape kits and e-liquids, keep in mind the tips that you get above. Make sure to choose an e-liquid with the right nicotine strength, and know-how to choose what kind of e-liquid you need. Once you have some favorites, you can start experimenting or combining various e-liquid flavors to come up with your own flair.