Mobile photography is gaining more and more momentum nowadays . It has long outgrown the format of tourist cards with showplaces, food photos, endless selfies, and so on. Today, advertising, art, and reportage are filmed on the phone. The lifestyle trend obliges any photographer to be able to shoot with the camera of his mobile phone no worse than with a professional one. Even the huge amount of advertising that you see every day is actually filmed on your phone.
Photos from mobile shooting can also be seen on the pages of various fashion magazines. However, no matter what the magazine is, whether it is printed or in the form of an Internet resource, its creation is impossible without a layout. Proper design contributes to a better perception of the information published in the journal by readers. If you are looking for high-quality, modern and unique layouts for the magazine, then you can contact https://www.ls.graphics/.
Mobilography (a young genre of photographic art, where the main shooting tool is a mobile device with a built-in camera) has opened up new opportunities for street photographers. And apparently, shooting on the phone will only gain momentum in all genres.
When photographing with a phone, a vision is important – the author’s view and the message that you want to convey to the viewer. So first, decide on the genre in which you are most interested in working, and develop it as much as possible.
Any photo is a light painting. Absolutely every detail in the frame depends on the light. Bad light or lack of it is an unsuccessful photo. The lighter, the better the quality of the photo. So, the direction, stiffness, power, color and other parameters of the light – this is something that will help you make your frame more interesting, more unique and more beautiful. The main thing is to use it correctly.
For example, the best time of day to take portraits is a couple of hours after sunrise and a couple of hours before sunset.
But on a cloudy day, you can shoot at any time of the day. Just keep in mind that if the sky is gray it will look gray. So if you don’t like it, try not to include it in the frame.
Composition is a set of methods for constructing a frame and arranging objects inside it. That is, the main task for the photographer is to arrange all the elements of the frame so that they look harmoniously with each other and there is nothing superfluous between them.
There are several ways that will help you in this:
- THE CENTRAL COMPOSITION. This is the simplest and most common technique in photography, where the object is located in the center.
- DIRECTION. Use any lines that are present in the frame to direct them towards the main subject. If you are filming a person, try to direct them towards the head or eyes.
- DYNAMICS. A dynamic composition is dominated by the arrangement of objects along diagonal lines.
- FORESHORTENING. It is not necessary to photograph the object from one angle, you can sit down, or climb higher, or circle around the object in search of a better angle. It won’t take much time, but you will definitely make the frame better.
- PLANNING. By adding a foreground to the landscape, you will make the photo deeper, more voluminous and more interesting. Therefore, as soon as you find a beautiful view, do not rush to take pictures right away. See if there is an opportunity to add something in front of the object to the shot.
- FRAME. It is also one of the simplest and most common techniques in photography. It is only necessary to enter one of the objects of the photo into the inner frame of an image. A frame is a defined area inside a shot in some way.
Color can solve a huge number of problems in photography. Here are some of the most important tips for a good picture:
- Shoot so that a good color is already on the source;
- Try to reduce the number of active colors to a minimum, then the picture will look more harmonious. It is the best if there is one dominant shade in the frame. If there are several colors in the frame, try to make each added color quantitatively less than the previous one;
- Do not overdo it with tinting. Natural colors, as a rule, look better;
- If possible, pay attention to the color of each object in the frame.
The meaning plays a more important role than the visual. If you have any ideas about what you want to convey through a photo, then implement it. Any, even the most stupid photo with meaning is more important and more interesting than another cute girl on a beautiful background.
What role does photo processing play?
The image creation process should not end after pressing the shutter button. In fact, this is only the first half of the shooting process for many photographers. The second part consists of post-processing.
You can use it to correct technical issues, such as exposure, horizon, adding a shade, and so on. However, if the source initially turned out to be of poor quality, then the processing will be very noticeable. Strive to ensure that your original photos are immediately worthy. After all, naturalness will never go out of fashion. And even after many years, your pictures will still be beautiful and relevant.
When processing photos, an important role is given to ready-made presets. They take all photos in the same style, including the colors of both the object in the picture and its background.