Health and sanitation are two primary things that anyone should ensure in their home. A healthy life is maintained by eating well and you can maintain a sanitized environment by keeping your home secure from bacteria such as viruses, pests, insects, and other things that can contaminate your home. Moreover, both factors are interrelated, and if you compromise with one, the other will automatically be affected. For instance, even if you cook healthy food, but your kitchen is unhygienic or has the best there are chances that your food is contaminated and can hamper your health. And here is why we will learn more about the importance of contacting pest control services immediately:
They can get out of control quickly
One primary fact about pests is that they can increase in number in no time. You will sport one today and there will be hundreds in 2 to 3 days. And that is why you should not delay in calling the best control service as soon as you spot pests inside your home.
They can be hazardous to health
Another factor that is ignored often is that pests can be hazardous to your health. Different types of pets impose different health issues. And that is also one reason why you should not delay in contacting a pest control service as soon as you spot the best in your home.
Damage your furniture
Some pests such as termites and carpenter ants can damage your furniture eventually. As they were difficult to spot at an early stage, you should get periodic pest control done in your home. However, once you see that your furniture is another expensive item, and are sustaining any small damage call for pest control service.
Contaminate your food
Some pests can fly and roam around in your home and kitchen. Thus, if you have food items opened or accessible for any pests such as houseflies, wasps, or cockroaches they can contaminate your food and make it unhealthy to consume.
How to stop pests from entering your house premises?
You may be using good-quality, disinfectants, and insecticides in your home periodically. But unfortunately, some pests are very stubborn and can enter your home by escaping the effects of the insecticide. Likewise, some pests can’t be spotted through their eyes and still might be infesting your home secretly.
Follow these tips if you do not want these pests to enter your house at all.
1. If you are tired of mosquitoes biting and sucking the blood out of you, herbs can be a great way to get rid of these tiny parasites. Herbs like rosemary and sage will not only make your baked mutton chops tastier but also throw them in coal or burn them in the evening to get rid of mosquitoes.
2. Make a concussion of baking soda, lemon essential oil, vinegar, and water and spray on the wall of your house every alternate day or thrice a week to get rid of all kinds of pests, especially the eight-legged insy-pinsy spiders.
3. Do you know one more thing that the spiders do not like? Onions! Take a bowl of water and toss some chopped onions in it, keep it in the place where you have seen spiders. Ensure to change the bowl every day till you get rid of the spiders.
4. If the pest has found a hole in the wall and is treating it as an entryway, here is a solution for you. Stuff the hole with copper mesh. You can use a screwdriver or a pencil to do that. Leaving a small gap and stuffing the gap with foam. It will bar the gateway and make your house pest-proof.
5. If fruit flies are bugging you, take a bowl and fill it with apple cider vinegar. Cover the bowl with plastic or clean film and poke a few holes in it. Ensure that the holes are large enough for the files to get in. once they get in and taste the ACV, there is no way they will be able to get out.
6. A trail of ants might fascinate you in childhood. But adulthood is different. These sights are not the ones that you anticipate. When and enters a house they leave a smelly substance that attracts other ants. And thus you see the lines of ants coming in on a mission to find good. You can stop this by missing a part of the vinegar and three parts of the water. Spray the places where you have seen the trail. It will work wonders!
7. Pests often confuse pet food. If you have a pet in your house, make sure that you keep their food in an air-tight container.
8. Pests are not only a pain in the bottom when they enter the house. They can make your life hell if you have a garden outside, especially aphids. To get rid of aphides place banana pills beneath the soil where you are growing plants. This will get rid of them.
9. Talking about the garden, if you have trees and plants with long branches that touch your house, pests might use them as bridges to get inside. Thus, ensure that you trim your plants regularly so that there are no branches that enter your house or even touch it!
10. Other nasty pests that are impossible to handle are bed bugs. If you have bed buds, ensure that you take all the contents of your bedroom (washable ones) and boil them in water or keep them in the freezer. Bedbugs are allergic to extreme temperatures. However, these are nasty and can be harmful. Thus, it is advised that if you have a bed bug infestation call for professional help.
To get rid of such problems as pest attacks and infestation, you should get a pest control service after every few months. This way, even the hidden pests can be removed and you can keep your home safe and healthy.