Having a high-quality keyboard is not only about typing faster and being more efficient. It is also about taking care of your arms and hands during those long essay writing sessions, especially since there are conditions that you could develop if you do not. Since you are reading this article, you are probably wondering – what is the most suitable keyboard that I could choose to get?
Well, if you’re searching for an answer to this question, fear not, this article can help you. The text below is going to feature a list of some of the most suitable keyboards that you could choose to buy, as well as what to think about when searching for such a gadget. Let’s take a closer look at what you could choose to purchase:
1. ‘Vision by Azio’
Number of Keys: 104
Compared to other options on this list, this one stands out from the crowd. Why you might ask? Well, the switches are larger and the backlight can be entirely customized. Hence, this model will allow you to see properly, which means that it is perfect if your eyesight is bad. It also features a built-in palm rest, however, you might not like that the key prints might wear off easily and quickly.
2. ‘Ornata by Razer’
Number of Keys: 104
Although you might see that this is an option for playing games, it could also be utilized for writing since it has mecha-membrane switches. They are perfectly positioned and you’ll be able to properly rest your hands due to the leatherette magnetic wrist rest. The keys are soft, however, you may not like that it is relatively tall.
3. ‘Phantom by Tecware’
Number of Keys: 87
According to the experts from essay.biz that specialize in writing essays for people, you might want to opt for this option if you are looking for something that is suitable for writing, however, that could also be used for playing games. The automatic feature makes it perfectly responsive, nonetheless, it does not feature a Numpad, nor a palm rest.
4. ‘K51 by Rosewill’
Number of Keys: 104
A lot of people did not expect this keyboard to be reliable, however, it does feature mechanical switches, which means that it is quite responsive. It offers a palm rest that can be taken off if needed, and there are built-in lights that come in eight colors. Although it is quite good, it does have limited RBG control, and the switches do not feel as sturdy as they should.
5. ‘Sculpt by Microsoft’
Number of Keys: 87 + a Detachable Numpad
Thanks to its innovative ergonomic form, this option is, perhaps, one of the best ones out there. Since the keysets are split, you’ll be able to position your hands in the most comfortable position for you, hence, you’ll be reducing the chances of developing different conditions. Although it is completely cushioned, here are no FN keys.
6. ‘G513 by Logitech’
Number of Keys: 104
The manufacturer behind this keyboard is well-known for manufacturing different, high-quality add-ons for computers, and this keyboard did not disappoint. BY choosing it, you’ll get 104 keys that are perfectly responsive, however, it does not feature any media controls and you won’t be able to remove the palm rest.
What to Examine When Looking at Different Options?
Before we conclude this article, it is worth mentioning that there are some things that you’ll need to think about when looking at the options you have. By doing so, you’ll be able to ensure that you choose a keyboard that will satisfy your needs, as well as your budget. The things you might want to consider include:
- What Will You Use it For – the very first thing you’ll need to consider is what it will be used for. There are specific choices for writing and games, however, there are also options that are suitable for both things. Hence, consider whether you want one that is made for a specific purpose or one that can be utilized for several.
- The Keys/Switches – once you determine what type you like, the very first things that you should check are the keys/switches. Trust me, you do not want to purchase one that is non-responsive and that feels like you are writing on a typewriter. So, you’ll want to check how they feel under your fingers.
- Is it Compatible? – although most of them can be attached to your laptop or PC by using a USB port, some of them might not be compatible with your device. This implies that you’ll need to check whether or not you can actually connect it to the device you are utilizing for writing essays with the help of professional academic writers from SmartWritingService, for example.
- The Layout – the form and layout can also influence your entire writing experience. Traditional options feature 104 keys, however, there are other, less complex options that feature 87 keys and that have a wider spread. This is why you’ll need to learn what design and layout work for you best.
- Are There Extra Keys? – there are choices that feature additional switches, which suggests that you’ll be able to, for instance, turn your music up and down, change the light on the board, as well as manage how bright your screen is. So, if you wish to speed up some tasks, you might want to opt for one that has extra switches.
- The Price – last on the list, but not least important is the price. Choosing a board that has all of the aforementioned features means that it will be more expensive, hence, if you are on a tight budget, you might want to consider getting something with fewer switches, as well as something that is smaller.
As you were able to learn, there is a wide range of keyboards that could be utilized for writing. Not only will they help you type faster, but, all of them will also help you with protecting and taking care of your hands, especially if you often sit for hours and type essays for school or work.
So, now that you are aware of what you could opt for buying, you may not want to lose any more of your precious time. Instead, you should go back to the beginning of this article, determine what option might be fitting for you, and then start browsing stores in order to find the keyboard that will satisfy your needs, and, of course, your budget.