Creating cannabis-infused drinks at home is a fun, creative way to enjoy all the health benefits of cannabis. From smoothies to cocktails, there are endless possibilities for adding a unique twist to your favorite drinks. Making your own cannabis-infused drinks at home can be much healthier and safer than buying them from a store or dispensary. Not only that, but it allows you to customize the potency of each drink for a more pleasant experience.
Marijuana is often used as a recreational drug and contains high amounts of the compound THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), which is known to induce psychoactive effects. Hemp, on the other hand, has very limited amounts of THC and produces higher levels of another compound called CBD (cannabidiol), which has been linked to medicinal properties such as relief from inflammation and pain relief.
Cannabis is a blend of the greenish-gray dried flowers of the Cannabis sativa plant. It is also known as ganja, pot, weed, marijuana, etc. Though weed can be consumed in the form of smoking, many people are taking it in the form of edibles like cannabis beverages, brownies, and much more. Cannabis edibles are the best alternative to consuming weed. It takes some hours to digest edibles and persists for around six hours.
Since weed has many health benefits, it is being legalized in many parts of the country, like the United States of America (USA). These are some of the benefits of having weed:-
- Helps in Weight Loss
- Prevents Seizures
- Strengthens bones
- Helps in reducing stress
- Gives pain relief
There are many CBD drinks in the market. Every drink contains different amounts of chemical compounds. If you are a beginner, you must consume small amounts of weed.
Many people make cannabis drinks at home to control the dose and experience they wish to have. There are many ways to make delicious cannabis drinks at home.
Recipes to Make Cannabis Drinks at Home
1. Cannabis Simple Syrup
You can make a simple syrup from cannabis flowers and combine it with a cocktail or any beverage of your choice. Though the pattern and taste of your beverage may be disrupted by adding cannabis syrup, you can know the quantity of weed you are consuming. You may have to experiment with mixing the syrup with different drinks to know what feels euphoric.
The recipe can be modified with different ingredients of your choice. This recipe can yield around 480ml and the target dose of 16 mg CBD.
- Honey (340g)
- Water (480ml)
- One tablespoon of food-grade vegetable glycerin (15ml)
- Any Decarboxylated flower (3g)
Steps to Follow
- Three grams of decarboxylated flowers should be weighed. Your flower must be decarboxylated for the THC and other cannabinoids to become active and produce the desired euphoric effects. Set it aside.
- To boil the liquids, combine the water and honey in a saucepan. Stir it until the honey dissolves into the water.
- Reduce the heat to approximately 180 degrees Fahrenheit or between 71 degrees Celcius to 82 degrees Celsius and add decarboxylated cannabis.
- To make infused cannabis drinks, you must simmer over low heat for around fifty minutes and stir. After reducing the heat, add vegetable glycerin and stir for another ten minutes. Now, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the syrup into a mason jar through a cheesecloth, and put it in a strainer with fine mesh to take out the solids. The syrup is ready. Add this syrup to cocktails or mocktails, and your cannabis beverages are ready to be served.
2. Ginger Cannabis Drink
- One fresh ginger- peeled and sliced
- Apple juice (60ml or 2 ounces)
- Carrot juice (118ml or 20 ounces)
- Fresh lemon juice (45ml)
- Infused simple syrup (15ml)
- Splash of ginger beer
- Lemon slice, carrot greens & edible flowers for garnish
Steps to Follow
- In a shaker tin, muddle the ginger and apple juice together.
- You have to add lemon juice, carrot juice, infused simple ginger syrup, and ice. Cover the shaker and shake it well for fifteen seconds
- Separate the solids from the liquids using a fine mesh strainer over a Collins glass with ice. Splash some Ginger beer and stir it with a spoon. Garnish and make the drink look presentable with carrot greens, lemon slices, and edible flowers.
3. Melon Margarita
- Watermelon juice
- Chili powder
- Lime wedge
- Infused rich simple syrup
- Tequila blanco (15ml)
- Mezcal (15ml)
- Jalapeno or lime round for garnish
Steps to Follow
- To prepare the watermelon juice, put watermelon into a blender or food processor and blend it until it chunks.
- Separate the plump and discard it. Put the juice in a jar and keep it aside.
- Mix salt and chili powder in a saucer. After adding a lime wedge to the glass rim, dip it into this mixture.
- Put all the ingredients into a shaker, including the jalapenos, and shake well. Now, add and shake again.
- After putting the drink in glasses, garnish with jalapeno or a lime wheel. The cannabis drink is ready to be served.
Serving and Storing
Once you’ve made your cannabis drink, how you serve it and store it can make a big difference. Here are some tips to keep in mind.
Serving: Serve cannabis drinks cold for the best flavor. Cannabis-infused drinks should be enjoyed within a few hours of being prepared for the fullest flavor, though they will still keep for up to three days when refrigerated.
For appearance and presentation, consider adding frozen fruits like pineapple or strawberries to your drinks as a garnish. Adding some fizz by stirring in some club soda is also an idea – just be sure to use natural or sparkling coconut water as opposed to sugary sodas. You may also want to experiment with spices like fresh mint, ginger, or lemongrass.
Storing: When storing cannabis drinks, place them in an airtight container in the fridge so that they don’t go bad quickly. Be sure that all perishable ingredients in the drink are included, such as any dairy products if used and fruits that were added on top for garnish should not be left out.
Depending on the type of drink you made (non-alcoholic or alcoholic), you can adjust how strong of a taste and feeling it has when consumed by using more or less cannabis extract when preparing the drink instead of simply adding more once it’s finished – adjusting this way will help control how much of an effect one person can experience from drinking just one glass compared to another without having to overdo it with too much cannabis extract each time you pour yourself a glass.
Before having CBD drinks, it is crucial to consult the doctor. There can be some mix and match if you are on medications or specific medical procedures. It is advisable to limit the number of cannabis beverages you have in a day.
Glassdoor is an authentic online weed delivery service in California. It sells amazing cannabis edibles, CBD drinks, vapes, and others at affordable prices.