The International Academy, Research, and Industry Association (IARIA) is a publisher and conference organizer whose scholarly journals claim some of the highest impact factors in the industry.
As seen in the screenshot below from their website, the claimed impact factors range from 14.2 to 26.2 — amazingly high.
Each of the journals is really a joint conference proceeding. Around a dozen different conferences, the publisher organizes each year “feed” articles into each journal. Thus there are no article processing charges; publication fees are included in the (pricey) conference registration fees.
The conferences are really joint conferences, with a dozen or so different ones occurring at the same time in the same hotel.
The company is owned and operated by Petre Dini from his mansion at 412 Derby Way in Wilmington, Delaware. A web bio of Mr. Dini claims he is a full professor at Concordia University in Montreal, but the Concordia website refers to him as an “affiliate professor.” Mr. Dini is originally from Romania.
I recommend against attending any of these conferences and against publishing in any of these journals, their impact factors notwithstanding. This entire operation seems extremely questionable to me.
List of IARIA journals as of 2013-06-16
- International Journal on Advances in Intelligent Systems
- International Journal on Advances in Internet Technology
- International Journal on Advances in Life Sciences
- International Journal on Advances in Networks and Services
- International Journal on Advances in Security
- International Journal on Advances in Software
- International Journal on Advances in Systems and Measurements
- International Journal on Advances in Telecommunications