Riding a motorbike may be all thrilling and enjoyable, but it is also dangerous at the same time. A bike rider is more likely to experience an accident and get injured because it comes with reduced protection. Even if it’s a good model bike, it is still a helmet that gives external safety compared to cars.
What if you happen to meet an accident or have your bike wreck, did you ever wonder about the repercussions?
Well, if not yet. Then, let me inform you that the victims of a motorcycle mishap get a facility for a proper accident claim. And this claim gives the authorization to receive compensation. It is for both injuries and damages that occurred to the bike. But in a complicated procedure.
That’s why it is best to seek assistance from professional lawyers like Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers.They guide and help the victims to settle their accident claims without spending too much money. They realize the anxiousness a victim goes through during a situation like this. As they have to deal with physical pain and rising medical bills.
Understanding motorcycle accident laws in Arizona is essential for riders and motorists alike to ensure safety and legal compliance on the road.
Nevertheless, one should acknowledge how a claim works for a motorcycle accident victim. Therefore, in this article, we have shared the essential factors of a motorcycle accident claim for you to get the basics.
First things first, you need to collect relevant information for your fair settlement and less spending. However, if you or the other party is seriously injured you must call an ambulance.
And then focus on gathering the necessary details regarding that spot.
A few of those things are:
● Don’t rush for the lead: Look around and analyze the situation first. Irrespective of who initiated the accident, do not rush for the ownership.
● What made the accident occur: It is of utmost importance to get a crystal clear idea of how exactly the accident took place. Taking photographs of any information that you find relevant is a good idea.
● Gather information about the third party: Ensure the wellness of your third party. But remember that you are a witness too. So, you must prepare your evidence. Jot down their vehicle number. And then politely ask for other details like name, address, contact detail, etc.
● Do not make any statements: Don’t urge for a conclusion too soon about the accident or the third party. Let the police interrogate. Answer only when you get asked.
● Condition of the third party: If the accident has been initiated by the other driver, then you must notice their condition instantly. Is it a situation of alcoholic driving or a reckless attitude?
● You can also then notice the traffic signals. Did someone break them?
● And lastly, you can also observe the situation of the road and the weather of the place.
The second part of obtaining a fair settlement in a motorcycle claim is to have structured evidence about the injuries you had in the accident. And for this, you must seek immediate medical inquiry at the nearest hospital. Costs spent on those injuries will help you later with the compensation procedure.
So, remember that you must have medical testimony such as receipts for ambulance services, hospital stays, X-rays, or any other such ministrations.
It is also crucial to remember that sometimes injuries take time to show. Injuries like trauma, whiplash, and internal bleeding take time to appear. So, even if you think you are fine, it is advisable to visit the hospital and get a proper check-up.
Why is it Essential to Contact an Experienced Attorney
One of the most important things you can do then is to contact an experienced attorney.
They will not only help you with a fair negotiation but will provide tips to spend less.
The attorneys at Phoenix have valued experience in cases of motorcycle mishaps.
They also know how to keep the insurance companies away and protect their clients from following their strategies full of traps. They will also evaluate your case in depth and collect every required point including the value for your damages.
How the Negotiation and Settlement Works
Do not forget that the aim is to attain the fairest compensation possible so that all of your compensation can get covered. Usually, cases do not take much time to settle. Only the complex ones take a longer time to resolve. And it is the lawyer in this situation who can help you strengthen the claim in less time with less sum.
There is a maximum wait of 20-30 days to receive your first settlement. Although, some negotiations may require more weeks. All of it depends on how your lawyer deals with the negotiation.
However, in the case of impractical delay there may be three reasons:
● A sudden legal problem occurs.
● A high sum approached in the process can result in a delay too.
● Or the injuries you met may not supplement with maximum medical progress based on the regulations.
Third-Party Settlement Agreement
One of the safest tips is to never get into any agreements with the party of the accident. By settling with an agreement in terms of cash or other means, you may forfeit future claims against that individual. Even your policy may get voided if you make undisclosed deals with the arbitrator.
The most protected way is to report the incident to officers, take the completed aid of experienced lawyers, and wait for the completion of their investigation. Also, try not to get into any disputes or conflicts until the completion of your claim. Plus, never settle the case prematurely.
The sum of money in a settlement is the amount that an insurer agrees to fund for the victim’s damages. However, they don’t finance claims for a few bruise claims. But the pay is ample for mandatory things like:
● Wages Spent and
● Damages for belongings
Therefore, the role of a professional lawyer gets important. He will save you from mistakes and complicated situations. Only having an expert by your side will let you achieve the maximum amount of compensation. Plus, they will recover your money through strategic and legal manners.