UPS is a major international courier that delivers millions of packages every year. In over 100 years of activity, it has built a strong reputation, especially in the United States, where the business was founded and where it is still headquartered.
It is generally highly respected and is used by millions of people and businesses every year to facilitate the delivery of their packages. UPS also offers a money-back guarantee for packages that are not delivered on time or at all, with refunds based on the value of the contents of your package.
Yet, many clients find some aspects of the shipping unclear. That’s why we decided to answer some common questions so you could track UPS packages with ease.
How to track a UPS package?
If you choose to ship via UPS, you will receive a unique tracking number for your package. Whether you provided direct shipping services or purchased the item and the seller will ship your item via UPS, you should always receive a UPS tracking number.
In case you didn’t receive it via email or from the sender, make sure you get your tracking code so you can track your package worldwide.
Tracking numbers for UPS shipments delivered to the United States are typically in the 18-digit format. Sometimes UPS tracking numbers start with 1Z and end with numbers.
Where can I find the UPS tracking number?
When you send or receive a package, you will be given a UPS tracking number. This code can be found in the following locations:
- In a receipt;
- On the shipping label of the package;
- In your inbox.
Similarly, you can use this UPS number on special systems to get all the tracking information you need to locate your package.
Can I track the package on websites other than UPS?
Although UPS is known for its multinational package delivery and logistics, it does not specialize in package tracking. The truth is that while many of the leading postal and package couriers are logistics experts when it comes to efficient package tracking, many use third-party companies to meet their global tracking needs due to the many benefits.
Thus it is recommended to use other websites specifically designed to make tracking easy for everyone. Such a platform can track thousands of online stores and couriers to find your package.
What UPS delivery notifications will I receive?
When you search for UPS tracking information, you will receive various notifications that describe the latest updates in your package. For your convenience, some of them are described below:
- Arrived for Shipment/Delivery. A shipment containing multiple packages arrived at the warehouse and is ready to be unloaded.
- Arrived for pickup. The parcel arrived at the pickup point. This can happen if an attempt was made to deliver the package, but the recipient is not available (some services will try to contact the client and deliver it again).
- Parcel Processing. The parcel has been collected and notified of receipt and will now be processed before shipping.
- Delivered. The parcel is delivered.
- Shipping Changed. Some information has been changed (usually delivery date or address).
- Deviation. An error has occurred, and there may be a delay.
- Arrival abroad. The parcel was sent from the country of origin or arrived in the country of destination.
- On the way. The package is on the way.
- Returned. The package has been returned to the sender.
The list of notifications is almost endless, so we tried to mention only the most frequent ones.
My package is late. What is the cause?
The delivery date is just an approximate estimation. There are many reasons that can negatively impact the shipping process (especially if it is international):
- Size of your package. Your package may be shipped using a variety of shipping methods, depending on the size of the package.
- Its weight. Just like the size of your package, the weight can also affect the shipping method the courier uses.
- UPS shipping method used. In addition to size and weight, the shipping method used for your case may also cause a delivery delay.
- Holidays or events. Christmas, Ramadan, or Black Friday are some types of annual events that may cause delivery delays in some regions.
- Unforeseen circumstances. Accidents, congestion, customs delays, and a host of other unforeseen circumstances can also delay your arrival.
If you want to get your parcel at a pre-estimated date, please be sure to check all these conditions in advance.
Why can’t I see the details?
In some rare cases, there may be a delay or issue with UPS tracking. Sometimes a delay in tracking items may be due to the fact that UPS has not yet received the package or it has not yet scanned the parcel. Give it up to 24 hours before trying to find it again.
Also, double-check your tracking code for any missing letters or numbers. If there are still problems after a few days, there may be some difficulties with the delivery. In this case, it is best to consult with UPS Customer Service so they can assist you with your package.
How can I track my UPS package if I have lost my receipt?
Find an email from UPS. It must include information such as your tracking number, recipient address, and other relevant information.
You can also contact the sender and ask for UPS tracking numbers.
What is the best way to track a UPS shipment?
Despite UPS being a market leader in international logistics and package delivery, their tracking system is not ideal. Thereby we recommend using a one-stop-shop service that tracks all the shipments that owe a tracking number.
With such a service, you no longer need to switch between different logistics operators trying to track your package. Here, you just need to enter your tracking number on the main page to start searching for the information.
Moreover, not only do ordinary people use such websites for day-to-day tracking. They also provide professional business-level tracking for international companies.